Questions les plus posées Rechercher un mot ou une discussion Liste des membres du forum Liste des Groupes Votre profil Votre messagerie personnelle

Newsletters
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Phoenix Index du Forum -> Le happy rebel
Auteur Message
Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Lun Juin 29, 2015 4:56 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ca le valait largement pour moi, les zones où des abrutis sortaient des dizaines et des dizaines de mantis devenaient injouables. ^^

Miajong: parce que tu vois, nous, on voit une tente, on monte dessus. Mais Sand lui, c'est aps pareil. Il voit une tente.. Bon, il monte dessus mais.. c'est Sand
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 30, 2015 10:28 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Monthly Development Update - June 2015 (Uno, dos, tres, Catorce!)

Hello everyone! This past Saturday marked Anarchy Online's 14th anniversary. Thank you to GSP and ARK for hosting the event, and to everyone who was able to attend!

Anniversary Event

Last week The Tinker, the Desert Rider, and his Desert Nomads returned to Rubi-Ka, and they will remain until July 13th. Those who assist The Tinker a sufficient amount will be awarded with a "Vacuum Packed Desert Nomad Armor." Additionally, when the Desert Rider falls, it will spawn a large gift that will offer an additional reward item for everyone who helped defeat this scoundrel; simply run through the large box to claim a prize!

During this event, we are also offering a new subscription offer, the details of which can be found here. In addition to the normal incentives included with these bundles, this year will be offering access to the Luxurious Armor set.

Finally, please be sure to log in during this event to grab your Ganimedes Personal Jetpack, and other free items from the Item Shop.

New Engine

With the start of the Anniversary, we patched the Live servers with AO version 18.8.0. While this patch included some Anniversary updates, perhaps the largest change was that this opened up the New Engine client to be used on the Live servers.

The reaction has been mixed, but I cannot say this was entirely unexpected. It is worth noting that we would not have brought this to Live if there were no plans or intentions to develop it further. Highest priority will be given to the current set of stability issues, as well as some of the larger visual issues. Beyond these priority fixes, there are plans to roll out visual enhancements. Specific details will be shared when there are visuals to show.

Bringing this new engine client back into the spotlight, both externally and internally, was an important step, with updates and improvements ahead of us.

Upcoming Updates

I plan to prepare and release an 18.8.2 near the end of the Anniversary event. The purpose of this patch will be some more bug fixes, and minor adjustments.

After 18.8.2, designer focus will be shifted back towards the design and implementation of the 'Pyramid of Home' dungeon. As this will be a larger update, a smaller patch or two could be expected between these versions to make some balance adjustments and other necessary adjustments.

Thank You

It has been a busy couple of months, between both of the 18.7 and 18.8 updates. While there is still work to be done resulting from both of those large updates, it will be refreshing to begin work on new endeavors and initiatives. Thank you everyone and I hope you have a great July!

Miajong: parce que tu vois, nous, on voit une tente, on monte dessus. Mais Sand lui, c'est aps pareil. Il voit une tente.. Bon, il monte dessus mais.. c'est Sand
Falha

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 01, 2015 6:50 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Je me demande s'il n'a pas joué un coup de poker en mettant le nouveau moteur sur le live, obligeant Fc à donner du temps de dev pour AO.

Bref ça ne peut que mûrir.

Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 01, 2015 10:23 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

En tout cas ça bouge bien depuis que Michizure est passé lead designer. Il y a eu la nouvelle inf mish, le 18.7 avec tous les changements nanos/perk, le moteur, La pyramide de Broken Shores et The Reck qui vont arriver, ...

Curieux de voir comment le moteur va évoluer maintenant et à quelle vitesse. Razz

Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 03, 2015 8:25 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Tiens, pas vraiment de rapport avec AO mais j'ai vu il y a un moment que FC bosse sur un nouveau projet, Joel Bylos a quitté l'équipe de TSW/AoC/AO pour travailler dessus.

J'ai encore regardé mais j'ai pas encore vu d'infos dessus. ^^

http://massivelyop.com/2015/03/15/the-daily-grind-whats-funcoms-secret-project/

Reste à espérer que c'est pas un jeu mobile moisi ou Lego machin. Razz

Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Mer Juil 08, 2015 7:59 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Le premier petit patch pour le moteur. Razz

Testlive Patch Notes: 18.8.2.1

Patch Date: July 7, 2015

A small bug fix patch for the New Engine. I plan to have a slightly larger patch of changes/fixes ready by the end of the month.

New Engine Fixes:

Jobe Luxury and Sunrise apartments are safer to enter
Battlestation Terminals will correctly list the team names
Organization Headquarters will be more firmly planted to the ground from a distance
Changed the Hacked Medi-Blade & Improved Hacked Medi-Blade appearance so they are visible and feel less like Christmas trees.
Implant sign in ICC General Stores will be more visible
Center pillar of the ICC Whom-Pahs has returned

Cool pour la medi-blade, c'est perturbant de pas voir ses armes sur le shade. Very Happy

Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Sam Aoû 01, 2015 8:32 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Monthly Development Update - July 2015 (Summertime Blues)

Hello everyone - I hope you all had a nice July! This month was marred by various vacation time and a couple particularly egregious obstacles; Tarasque was being very shy and did not want to be seen within the new engine, despite my best efforts.

14th Anniversary
Earlier this month, we ended our 14th anniversary celebration! Thank you to everyone who showed up to help The Tinker deal with the Desert Rider and his Nomads. The event was a huge success. While 14 years can be an eternity within the games industry, the game has felt more active and alive than it has previously in recent memory. I am honored to be able to support this historic game in my current capacity, and thank you to our amazing community for keeping Anarchy Online alive.

Upcoming Development
Development this month was slowed down a fair amount this month due to summer-related shenanigans, as well as being tied up trying to resolve some less-exciting, resilient issues that did not want to be resolved. With vacation being over and some of the aforementioned bugs solved, focus is being directed towards the upcoming patch, 18.8.3, and then forward to new content updates.

The 18.8.3 patch, which I hope to have Testlive-ready next week, will address some balance issues, minor content updates, and some bug fixes. Going forward, I strive to release a patch every 4-6 weeks. While the scope of these updates will not always be Rubi-Ka-shattering, I will still try to devote time regularly to improving what I can and releasing these fixes when they have been implemented and tested. Large content updates will still operate on their own schedules, while these smaller patches will serve as a supplement. With 18.8.3 released to Live, things will start to move into a more reliable and sustainable groove.

As stated last month, the next large content update will be the the Pyramid of Home, which will be an end-game dungeon that will challenge players to see what lurks beneath. The encounter will start from Number 9's chamber, through an all-too-familiar, yet entirely mysterious, door. The content will be designed to send a group of players through a gauntlet of challenges, both new and old, on their way to the showdown with an entity that has been quietly manipulating the events of the world above, and beyond.

Thank you
This month has had its own set of distractions and obstacles, but I am confident that August will allow for lost time to be made up. Sorry for the short monthly update. Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

Henry "Michizure" Senger
Lead Designer

Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Sam Aoû 29, 2015 9:11 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Monthly Development Update - August 2015 (Pyramid Scheming)

Hello everyone, I hope you've had a great August! Most of this month has been spent inside of a dank dungeon.

The Pyramid of Home
Much progress has been made with the upcoming Pyramid of Home dungeon! To recap, this will be a 6-man dungeon with 4 boss encounters. I plan to have all the bosses fully functional by the end of next week, and the whole encounter content complete towards the end of September, which is when I hope to ship it to Testlive.

While there will be 4 boss fights within the dungeon, there will be a total of 6 possible bosses to encounter, all of which have their own methods to deal with pesky invaders. Beyond these boss fights, in order to proceed further in the dungeon, a certain amount of coordination between team members will also be required; timing will be key.

I will be saving some more specifics on the individual monsters and their rewards for next month's update, though it may be worth it to gather up and/or dust off all of that old Pandemonium armor.

Upcoming PvP Changes
In an upcoming update (some time after 18.8.3), changes will be made to how the /assist command and Target's Target functionality work. Specifically, this command and GUI feature will not work if the Target's target is a Player. While this will drastically change how certain PvP venues operate, we feel this change will make PvP feel more engaging and less automated.

18.8.3 Patch
This patch is pretty much ready to go and should be heading towards the Live servers soon, barring any additional unexpected issues. There were a few internal hangups, but those are now behind us. This small patch is currently on Testlive for anyone curious.

Thank You
It has been a busy month, but it is always invigorating to create new and fresh content. I hope everyone will enjoy this dungeon as much as I've enjoyed making it!

Henry "Michizure" Senger
Lead Designer

Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 01, 2015 2:39 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Monthly Development Update - September 2015 (To the Dark Pyramid Below)

Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a nice September. This month has flown by with nearly all focus directed towards the Pyramid of Home dungeon, which I hope to share with all of you very soon. That said, here we go!

The Pyramid of Home

This encounter will start from Number Nine's chamber. You will be able to enter his inner sanctum freely from Broken Shores if you have successfully Shut Down the Terminal.

The descent underneath the Pyramid begins through the large doors behind Number Nine. The interior of the Pyramid is network of somewhat disjointed chambers. While it may seem impossible to move from one area to the next, the secret of moving through the temple is closely guarded by a specific set of guardians; the act of summoning these special cultists will require somewhat precise coordination and timing between teammates.

Between each area is a powerful guardian, each with their own sets of abilities to dispatch unwanted guests. Mobility and battlefield awareness will be needed in these fights slightly more than in some previous encounters. Attempting to simply brute-force through these monsters may be ill-advised. The final fight is one that will, in particular, require careful placement of both the player and boss itself.

With this dungeon, more than anything, I wanted to create a set of encounters that mixed some old and new ideas/designs. The full encounter will present 4 bosses that I hope will provide a fair challenge for everyone who faces them - Good luck!

As for rewards, most notably, it will be possible to create 5k Token boards and upgrade Pandemonium armor. Wearing the full suit of upgraded Pandemonium armor will also offer access to a unique perk action. The other reward items include a set of weapons to use until Xan-upgraded weapons are available, a couple new HUD items to cater to particular roles, and some other varied pieces of armor.

I intend to have the Pyramid of Home on Testlive in the next week or two, to be released to Live before Halloween.

Halloween 2015

Halloween is only a month away! This Halloween will herald the return of Uncle Pumpkinhead, and his griefing brothers. Frankenleet and Draculeet will also make their return to provide Tricks and Treats for everyone who is feeling festive. The Enigma will once again be besieged by the vile Entvined. Finally, the elusive Ganking Pumpkinhead will also be returning, offering some of the rarest loot ever collected by the Pumpkinhead clan.

I will provide dates and update information on this year's Halloween celebrations as we get closer to the event! I hope to see you all during this spooky time of the year.

New Website

A few weeks ago we upgraded the main AO page. We have replaced our old page with a more streamlined version: http://www.anarchy-online.com/. A version of the old page can still be accessed via http://archive.anarchy-online.com/. If you have time, please feel free to check it out.

One Year Later

I will keep this brief:

A little over a year ago, I was given the opportunity to assume this Lead Designer role over Anarchy Online, which I accepted without hesitation. While the past 12 months have offered their fair share of challenges and obstacles, it also allowed for some significant achievements which I am very proud of. There will never be a shortage of work to do, and huge projects like the "Systems Changes" or "New Engine" will never be completely "done," but it has been my honor to have played a part in furthering these initiatives, and more, and bringing some of them to the Live server.

I have my list of goals and milestones for the next year lined up, and look forward to getting to work on these items; improvements to both Anarchy Online and myself as a Lead Designer. Thank you very much to everyone who has provided help and support - You have helped me overcome some of the more vicious obstacles this job has presented, while also making the victories feel even more monumental.

Thank You!

This month has been busy, but I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope to bring all of you this Pyramid of Home dungeon soon, and then Halloween shortly after that. Thank you for your patience with this update! Have a great October!

Henry "Michizure" Senger
Lead Designer

Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Sam Oct 24, 2015 10:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Monthly Development Update - October 2015 (2Spooky4Rubi-Ka)

Hey everyone - Halloween is upon us! The festivities will begin October 27th and go until November 17th, starting with the 18.8.6 update. I figured I'd put up my October letter a little early, there would be a lot of overlap between that and my Halloween Announcement.

Everyone is Invited!
For the duration of AO Halloween, accounts that have been frozen and/or gone unpaid, and are in good standing, will be able to log in freely for the duration of the event! You can download either client here: Standard Client or New Engine. During the patch downtime, I'll be updating the installers to bring you to the 18.8.6 version, but feel free to grab the client now and update in preparation.

Additionally, there will be a special 1-month subscription offer which will grant an 'Entvined Facemask' and the 'Phasefront Besom - Sky Sweeper' for those who take advantage of it!

The Pyramid is Open
This update will open up the new 6-man high-level dungeon: The Pyramid of Home. The gateway into the Pyramid can be found within the main temple in Home, beyond a large door behind Number Nine. In order to enter this temple, you must meet one of the following requirements:

Wearing some form of Nano Deck (Stellar/Activated/Base)
Completed Guarding the Source
Completed the Legacy of the Xan questline

Assemble your strongest team and challenge what lurks beneath the mysterious Pyramid of Home. Rewards include upgrades to Pandemonium Armor, 5k Token Boards, some unique HUD/NCU items, and more!

Halloween 2015
Uncle Pumpkinhead, alongside his Griefing, Ganking, and Harvesting brothers, shall be returning again this year. They have all acquired some extra treats, that they will guard with their devious tricks. They have also recovered a particular set of stockings, shirts, and other outfits which have been seemingly lost for several years. Send these Pumpkins back to their pumpkin patch and claim some new and old seasonal gifts!

The Entvined will be assaulting the Enigma Grove yet again as well. Confident in their victory, the Entvined Commanders are guarding remnants of a shipment of Miy armor. Attempt to defeat the seemingly endless hordes of Entvined and you may find yourself walking away with some exceptionally rare loot, including high quality Miy armor of all types, including cloaks...and a sweet t-shirt!

Free Loot & Item Shop Updates
During Halloween, anyone who logs into the game will be able to claim free Pumpkin Helmet, to help celebrate the Halloween spirit. Subscribers will additionally be able to claim a Dancing Hiisi Doll, to both help celebrate the season and commemorate the release of the Pyramid of Home.

If you still need a Halloween costume, starting with this update, we will be offering a full Hiisi outfit, in addition to some new, social head items. Grab yours today!

Upcoming Updates
Once the Pyramid of Home is released, the next major development will be building out The Reck. The intention of this playfield will be help players through the bulk of Title Level 4. I do personally look forward to working on a classic Rubi-Ka playfield and hope that everyone will enjoy exploring a new region of the planet.

Before starting work on The Reck, however, I do intend to devote some time to making some QoL and balance changes.

Thank you and Happy Halloween!
It has been a challenging couple of months, but I am happy to finally be able to share what has been in the works with all of you. Thank you everyone for your patience. I have one small set of updates let to reach Testlive (mostly assigning more 'final' stats for the improved Pandemonium armor), and then the Halloween festivities will be ready to begin! Have a great Halloween, and month of November!

Henry "Michizure" Senger
Lead Designer

Tous les comptes réactivés gratuitement du 27/10 au 17/11. Smile

Falha

MessagePosté le: Dim Oct 25, 2015 10:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Cool, je vais aérer Ben alors Smile

Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 01, 2015 10:24 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Monthly Development Update - November 2015 (Tryptophan Overdose)

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a nice November, and a belated Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrated it; I ate approximately my weight in turkey over a day or two. Anyway, let's begin!

The Reck
As evidenced by some of the earliest of the Rubi-Ka planet maps, The Reck was an original zone, placed between Rome and Broken Shores. While it will fill this void on the planet map, however, it will be a level-locked experience. Players level 90-150 will be able to enter, and will be ejected once they reach level 161 or above.

After first looking at The Reck, it was clear that a lot of love and care had already been applied to it. It has been a treat to have such a large swath of Rubi-Ka land to freely play with. Throughout the expanse of The Reck, players will encounter many camps and outposts of varying levels of civilization. Despite being a heavily Omni-Tek controlled area at one time, The Reck has been infested by Entvined, Cyborgs, Mutants, a group of upstart mercenaries, as well as some other schools of unwanted creatures. Amidst this chaos, the Clans have secured a forward operating base in a distant corner of The Reck, while the remaining Omni-Tek forces have taken shelter in a fortified outpost near the outskirts of Rome. A large variety of missions, camps, and locations await players who enter The Reck.

This past month has been mostly working on the existing zone's world design and monster population. From the existing version of The Reck, many new places of interest and outposts were added. They've all had life breathed into them and the playfield as a whole feels vastly improved.

The goal of these final working weeks of the year is to populate the playfield with missions, and making the playfield feel even more alive and interesting.

Christmas 2015
For Christmas this year, Santaleet, Gingerleet, and the Gift-Wrapped Leet shall all be returning. Santaleet is back in the major cities on Rubi-Ka and will as usual hand out missions to help his Elfleets, so that they once again can bring happiness to the leets and citizens of Rubi-Ka. Additionally, Rubi-Ka will be have a slight overpopulation of Antleets and Iceleets that should be dealt with.

This holiday season we will be offering a new set of subscription offers, for 3, 6, and 12 months, alongside a new set of armor. These kinds of Subscription offers will be exclusive to holidays/New Years (December/January), and the AO Anniversary (June/July), so feel free to take advantage of this offer while you can. The Christmas Nophex 3D Printers will also be made available within the shop, if you missed some of those social items from last year.

As Christmas gets closer, I'll post up something in this forum with all the important details.

Thank You
Another year is almost over. While it is a bit early to start declaring what's coming for 2016 and New Year's Resolutions, it is safe to assume that The Reck will be how the year will start. For me, personally, I will be working on being more accessible and having a larger presence where possible.

I mentioned it briefly in another thread, but I have been woefully behind on answering Private Messages, which is something I will have to start making more time for. Despite there being a staggering amount of issues to tend to, allowing community work to lapse is not acceptible and something I hope to improve. I also plan to make an ass out of myself on Twitch while running around AO (www.twitch.tv/funcom) that'll be a thing at some point.

Thank you everyone and I hope you have a great December! Santaleets are coming.

Ozzrik

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 01, 2015 10:42 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Mais et la tradition du post du vendredi c'est fini? Very Happy

Sinon j'ai hate de voir The Reck, la fameuse vieille zone "caché" ^^
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail
Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 01, 2015 10:48 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Oula oui c'est fini depuis longtemps les posts le vendredi, c'était Means qui les faisait. C'est une fois par mois maintenant. ^^

Une zone 90-150 (160) c'est bien, ça manquait un peu de contenu. Après il en faudrait une 160 - 200 sur RK aussi. Razz

Ozzrik

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 01, 2015 10:58 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

J'avasi jamais remarqué l'arrêt de ces post du vendredi, il semblais que les autres game directors avait gardé ça pour le dernier ou premier vendredi du mois Smile

Et oui 100/150 c'est la plaie, sur mon nouveau shade je suis plus ou moins condamné à me taper les daily et de la team heck ost sur Ely ...
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail
Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Jeu Jan 28, 2016 6:43 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Welcome to The Reck

Welcome to The Reck

In the near future we will be opening up a new Rubi-Ka region: The Reck. Here is a brief preview of what is to come!

The main goal of this playfield is to offer a new region of camps and encounters to help characters leveling through title levels 4 and 5. Daily missions within this playfield are only available to characters levels 90 through 170. Despite the intended level range, and enforced mission level range, however, the playfield will be accessible to all players. Tir and Omni-1 Trade both house the entrances to this new region.

Places of Interest
Sentinum
The final Omni-Tek outpost between The Reck and Rome. Entering The Reck from Omni-1 Trade will send players to this location, in the north eastern corner of the map. A heavily fortified forward-operating base with some of the luxuries of Rome. Sergeant Major Sovic is the commanding officer of this installation and will not see it fall to any opposing force.

"Unicorn" Peninsula
Hidden deep within a swampy region, sitting on top of a malformed peninsula piercing the Sea of Home, a small band of Sentinels have erected an entrance into The Reck. Led by Field Commander Tettle, this group of hand-selected Sentinels have spearheaded a minor encampment behind enemy lines. Players who enter The Reck from Tir will arrive in this location.

The Factory
A large and imposing facility situated in the heart of The Reck. A contested region, Omni-Tek and the Clans have dispatched forces to claim this area as their own and deal with the unwelcome guests. Both sides are prepared to send in any available forces or volunteers to assist in this endeavor.

Camps & Loot

The monster encampments of The Reck host a wide array of adversaries, available from roughly level 90 to 220. Some of the missions will direct players towards these camps, but many others will need to be discovered. In addition to the potential experience gains, many of the camps will offer a boss with unique rewards. Additionally, number of "classic" dyna boss camps spread over the entirety of the playfield.

Coming Soon

The Reck is currently available on AO Testlive, and will arrive on the Live servers soon. Please feel free to come visit this new slice of Rubi-Ka. Below is a simple version of the playfield's map. Best of luck and happy hunting!

The Reck

igor
Leader AO

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 15, 2016 7:08 am    Sujet du message: Monthly Development Update - March 2016 (April Fooled) Répondre en citant

Hey everyone! March has come and gone, and 2016 is already flying by! I am very sorry for how late this update is arriving; the end of this past week was marred by significantly more future planning meetings than usual, coupled with the rush to finish the upcoming content. Without further delay, here's this month's letter.

Membership Rewards & Veteran Points
Starting with the next update, we will start offering new claimable reward items based on how the amount of paid time left on a subscription, starting the day we implement this system. For example, if we were to turn this on today, we would compare that with the date the subscription is paid until, divided by 30. These unique rewards are varied, from social equipment and nanos, to items that will assist with your character's progression. The launch announcement of this system will include a breakdown of which rewards come at which monthly subscription tiers.

The Veteran Points system is one that has existed since before Alien Invasion and is one that I'm certain we have all taken advantage of. With the upcoming update, I will also be adding some items to the Veteran Shop. Some will be items that have been lost over time, while others will be new additions. Regrettably, after this update, Veteran Points will stop increasing over time. The amount of points a new character will be born with should be maintained. Over time, unique items to Veteran Shop will be made available through other means.

Upcoming Content
This update will introduce ICC Arbiter Vincenzo Palmiero. He will be arriving onto Rubi-Ka with a series of missions and odd jobs he wants taken care of. These will function similarly to Daily Missions, and addition to offering a new kind of currency which can be used to purchase a new set of items. The majority of Palmiero's initial batch of quests are aimed at players above level 200, though his PvP-based one is aimed at anyone, while his automated Arbitration Drone is willing to help leveling characters of all levels.

The quests offered by Vincenzo Palmiero, in addition to the Freelancers Inc. quest from the Drone, will offer unique reward items, beyond XP and Tokens. Most of these quests will take longer than normal quests, some requiring other players, but the rewards should feel worth the effort.

Arbiter Vincenzo Palmiero, and his supporting cast of characters, can all be found inside his office, located through the portal in the middle of the "Holodeck" tower in ICC Headquarters.

As some background on this character, Vincenzo Palmiero is an Arbiter for ICC. While he feels and acts important, further reinforced by having a small detachment of Peace Keepers and a "lavish" (read as: gaudy) office, his title and authority are mostly novelty. Childish and arrogant at times, this individual has secured a position in ICC primarily through nepotism instead of valor or loyalty, having strong family ties within ICC and the subsidiary corporations. Instead of embarrassing his lineage, he was shipped to Rubi-Ka with a gilded rank, allowing him to live his dream of taming a wild frontier, while sitting in a comfortable chair.

With this update out of the way, focus will be shifted towards returning to Systems Changes, bug fixes, and QoL improvements. Preparation is under way for the anniversary event update, but between the release of this update, and the anniversary, I do not foresee any more distractions. I am still allocating some resources for some of the larger updates for the anniversary, and look forward to sharing them with you when I have more information.

Thank You!
To those who have been patient and supportive over the past few months, I do sincerely thank you, especially as I feel I have not done enough to repay these generous gestures. To speak candidly for a moment, it has proven to be exhausting to be both the face and muscle behind an entire MMORPG, particularly with all the responsibilities that befall both roles. I do not seek pity, as I knew what this job would entail when accepting the role. I do, however, feel terrible that so many PMs and threads unanswered. In an earlier Dev Letter, I did commit to being more accessible, while then becoming more closed off than ever. Take these words for what they are, but I intend to remedy all of this as best as I can. I do not have an answer to everything, and some issues go beyond my power to fix, but I will do what I can to Make Rubi-Ka Great Again. Thanks again to those who have stuck with us.

Un lien en cadeau : http://cdn.funcom.com/ao/crm/2016/apr/membership/index.html
Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Mar Mai 03, 2016 1:10 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Monthly Development Update - April 2016 (Let's Talk)

Hello everyone. April has been an...interesting month. While not everything went as planned, we at least have things to talk about.

18.8.13 Update
Over April, we launched the 18.8.13 patch onto Live. This update has introduced Arbiter Palmiero's missions and all the associated rewards. Arbiter Palmiero is a mission-giving individual who will be available in his office, within ICC HQ's 'Holodeck' tower, every other week. The mission he gives out will rotate after each appearance. He currently has a Dust Brigade mission, Kyr'Ozch mission, and a PvP-oriented mission. These missions all offer unique sets of rewards for completing them. Additionally, these missions offer 'ICC Commendations' which can be used to purchase some new rewards from the shop within the Arbiter's Hall. Finally, for characters seeking additional XP gains, or those who cannot participate with Palmiero's missions, his handy Drone offers a set of missions, based on your level.

In the future I hope to add some more sets of missions and rewards to the rotation, now that the foundation has been established. Additional Commendation rewards are also planned to be added through future updates.

The 18.8.14 update will be coming shortly, but its main purpose will be to fix issues introduced with 18.8.13. Content for the anniversary patch is already in the works.

Systems Changes
It has been a little over a year since 18.7, Arete Landing, and the first stab at Systems Changes made it to Live. It has been enjoyable reviewing these changes again, looking at the changes made, and recalling where the inspiration for it all came from. That said, it's no secret that additional changes have been needed, and I plan to provide some. After addressing some of the most obvious issues, I will continue to move through the professions as I can, to try to keep all of this better tuned. More will be revealed as these updates progress and start to reach Testlive. Sorry for the delay on these fixes.

Veteran Points & Membership Rewards
This update introduced a new set of rewards for time subscribed, while also adding items to the Veteran Shop. The functionality to determine the amount of time subscribed was moved from the Veteran Points system to support this new system, so the ability for Veteran Points to naturally increase has been lost. That said, periodically, I intend to have points manually applied, in attempt to keep this system running.

There have been characters/accounts who seem to have lost Veteran Points during this transition from one system to another. With the next update, we hope to restore some of the previous Veteran Point sharing functionality that was seen with paired accounts. If multiple accounts are grouped under the same Funcom account, the account with the most Veteran Points will share that amount with the others - This will hopefully resolve a number of the reported incidents. There were some instances where characters loaded with Veteran Points were transferred to accounts that had far fewer Veteran Points; it is still possible that characters transferred via the previous system came from a different Funcom account which was entitled for a different amount of Veteran Points. If things continue to see very out of sorts after the upcoming Veteran Points changes, please feel free to /petition and we will investigate your situation further.

When designing the Membership Rewards, the intent was to mostly work with existing items, and to introduce more social/convenience than actual power. While the bulk are social items, however, some were designed to be sought after. To address a couple specifically: the Uriel Blades and Gnuff's crystal. The Uriel Blades were designed to be 2h versions of having dual Polychromatic pillows, with a nicer visual, based off an existing set of items that we offered with a previous Subscription Offer (the Hiisi Blades). Gnuff's Crystal may be the 'newest' item, though it is based off an item that was introduced with Will To Fight, several years ago. I do not know why this item was lost from Gnuff, but it served as the inspiration, while also being re-added to Gnuff himself. It is not a perfect substitute, but it is now possible to hunt Gnuff in the Will To Fight to gather a consumable Shadowrift crystal; the next update will shorten Gnuff's spawn time, increase drop count, and reduce the cooldown of his dropped version of the crystal.

It was my attempt to be fair when assigning where these reward items would be placed, between the ICC Commendation reward items, Veteran Shop items, or Membership Rewards; the item shop itself only had 1 addition, which can be randomly earned when completing the 'Freelancers Inc' mission from Palmiero's drone. As a part of future updates, I will be further enhancing the Veteran and ICC shops accordingly, while adding Membership Rewards as the months move by. The purpose of these Membership Rewards was to genuinely reward people who remain subscribers, as opposed to being egregious "P2W" bait to convert non-subs. Our playerbase is already mostly subscribers, so this seemed like a method to reward those people, new and old. Subscribers will eventually get all the rewards, should they choose to pay month-to-month, buy via GRACE, or take advantage of a subscription offer. The Veteran Shop will continue to exist and grow, as an additional way for our Veterans to obtain items unique to that vendor.

Thank you!
This month did not go entirely as planned, but I do hope everyone is enjoying the Palmiero's Quests and any new Veteran or Membership Rewards they were eligible to obtain. I am sorry to anyone who has fallen on the wrong side of Veteran Points being missing...we will try to remedy this, either by the planned matching of points across a Funcom account, or the gradual infusion of points over time. I am also sorry for the terrible lack of forewarning with the removal of Veteran Account creation, Account Merging, and Character transfers. We have restored Character Transfers, but only between accounts under the same Funcom account; this was mostly to prevent certain abuses of these systems, and because they weren't as relevant with the new systems that have been put in place...it was a good time to remove these, but the lack of warning was inexcusable. All of that said, the Anniversary update is coming along nicely. I very much look forward to celebrating Anarchy Online's 15th anniversary, and then continuing work to ensure we will be here for another 15 years. Thank you all and have a great May!

Henry "Michizure" Senger
Lead Designer

Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Ven Sep 02, 2016 8:07 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Monthly Development Update - August 2016 (Steam Powered)

Hello everyone! It has been a while. This month has required a fair amount of juggling plates, but progress has been made and I'm pleased to quickly announce some of these future updates.

Steam
Over the past couple of months, we have been working with Valve to enable Anarchy Online to run via Steam. In order to make this happen, some changes needed to happen with their platform, which took longer than we had expected. Truth be told, however, I am still a little starstruck that Valve made a change to Steam just for us. Fanboying aside, this week showed the first real signs of progress towards getting AO on steam, as we were able to log in and play without the previous issues we had encountered.

Before the end of the year, we hope to have resolved all the lingering issues and have completed all the needed preparations in order to release AO on Steam for all to download and enjoy. Thank you everyone for your patience!

Halloween
This year we will be releasing new Halloween content, this time in the form of an instanced solo dungeon. The difficulty of the encounter will scale with the level of the engaging player, available for players of all levels, and will take players deep under the festering Pumpkin Patch. I'll have a better preview for this event before we kick it off in October!

Thank You
I look forward to showing off more of what's being worked on as it nears completion. It will be nice to have some new Halloween content. Our upcoming Steam release will also be a great help for the future and longevity of the project. Have a great September, everyone!

Henry "Michizure" Senger
Lead Designer

Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Phoenix Index du Forum -> Le happy rebel Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 sur 7

Sauter vers: