Questions les plus posées Rechercher un mot ou une discussion Liste des membres du forum Liste des Groupes Votre profil Votre messagerie personnelle

Newsletter d'Ilaliya
Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Phoenix Index du Forum -> Le happy rebel
Auteur Message
Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Lun Oct 01, 2012 10:10 pm    Sujet du message: Newsletter d'Ilaliya Répondre en citant

Nouvel auteur, nouveau post! Mr. Green

Par contre il met tellement de liens dans son post que je vous en met plutôt un vers le forum AO (flemme de tous les copier :p)

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=601791

En résumé:
- Genele est le lead creative/design et travaille sur la nouvelle noob island
- Ilaliya va essayer de monter plus de "work in progress" ou "tech test"
- AO sur steam, c'est pour dans pas trop longtemps!
- Le boulot sur le nouveau moteur continue toujours, ils bossent sur les nouvelles animations qui doivent aussi être compatibles avec l'ancien moteur
- Nouvelles offres d'abonnement
- Infos sur la future fusion des serveurs
- Patch 18.5.2 la semaine prochaine

Miajong: parce que tu vois, nous, on voit une tente, on monte dessus. Mais Sand lui, c'est aps pareil. Il voit une tente.. Bon, il monte dessus mais.. c'est Sand
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Jeu Oct 04, 2012 8:32 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ho ça pourrait donner des trucs sympas ça. Smile

Miajong: parce que tu vois, nous, on voit une tente, on monte dessus. Mais Sand lui, c'est aps pareil. Il voit une tente.. Bon, il monte dessus mais.. c'est Sand
Falha

MessagePosté le: Ven Oct 05, 2012 1:20 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Sanderus a écrit:
Ho ça pourrait donner des trucs sympas ça. Smile

C'est quoi, ça?

Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Lun Nov 05, 2012 8:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Le lien si vous voulez avoir tous les liens que lui met: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=602360 Razz

Monthly Development Update – Nov 5th 2012

Announcements

Hey guys,

Some quick announcements first:

As most of you are aware, professional revotes are underway. This means, in some cases, we're taking applications for new professionals. Venachar is overseeing this effort. For those of you who have been closely watching this process, the deadline for applications has been extended. For information please refer to the sticky thread in each profession's sub forum.

Due to Hurricane Sandy, we are extending our Halloween content until the 12th. We want to give our east-coast players who may have been otherwise occupied a little extra time to enjoy the content. Also, big thanks to the hard work that our customer service team, ARK and GSP put into the holiday!

Also, to reiterate… due to the Server Migration, if you are in an organization that has a president that is a deleted character, or a character on an inactive account, please contact Customer Service to get this resolved before the end of the month. And make sure there is an actual leader so we have someone to give a voucher!

You can contact CS by creating a ticket on the web, use live chat to talk to a representative live, or petition in game.

Server Migration

We’re currently finalizing our account transfer scripts, and putting them through the paces in our internal test environment. One thing to be clear about: we cannot transfer characters ahead of time, because if we did, nothing the player gained after we copied the database record would be saved (this is what a transfer means). So we basically have one shot at this, and it has to happen on the fly.

The migration will work like this:

We announce we are taking the servers down
Servers go down, possibility of slightly extended downtime. This is yet to be determined.
Servers come up.
We start migrating accounts behind the scenes, using a prioritized queue. This queue churns through the list of accounts that need to be migrated.
Player logs on, and his account gets bumped to the front of the transfer queue, but behind people who tried to login before him (after the server-up).
At this point, you can shut down AO and you will get an email when your account has been transferred.
For example, if an account on average takes 1 second to transfer and a thousand people log on the instant we bring the server up, someone is going to be in a queue for 1000 seconds (41 minutes)
Trying to log back in before you have transferred won’t interfere with the process.
After the account is transfered, the player can log in and play as normal.

After you log in your account, you will see all of your characters from all dimensions appear in the character list as "inactive." This will work identically to the dry run we did last month. Note this is also our solution to German players, who may still have characters on a dead server.

As the time draws nearer, I will post details on the number of character slots. Just to reiterate: Free accounts will still have the normal 8 active slots on the new dimension, and we will give some additional amount to subscribers (just as a bonus for being a subscriber).

I can’t give you a set date, but it will be this year. We’re shooting for end of this month, but that’s assuming that our very rigorous internal tests all pass without incident. Believe me when I say this isn’t something you want us to rush. We have to get it right the first time.

Engine Upgrade

Last month was a strong focus on finishing up the "boring parts" of the Engine Upgrade (as far as you guys are concerned). Which is why there are no screenshots in this letter. Basically, we're doing automatic conversions of all existing playfields and dependencies into playfields compatible with the new formats. Let's just say there are a lot of playfields, and they all weren't exactly made in the same way.

Also, just as an illustrative example of the above, Vhab is making a new and better water-system because the way Dreamworld does water wasn't playing nice with the way the old engine handled water. Because we're not going to have artists go in and manually fix water for hundreds of playfields. There are number of similar issues we need to get cleaned up, as blockers for our planned beta.

On the art front, we're putting together new character models, new animations, new textures, new heads, and mesh armors (I had a screenshot of this on page 7 of last months update).

We're in the home stretch on this, and after the Server Migration the Engine will have the full focus of the entire AO programming team, as it will be our highest priority & highest urgency item.

AO on Steam

That last paragraph was a good segue into this section. Other than a steam overlay crash, we're good to go. Fortunately, the steam technicians have been nice enough to look at it when they have time. The crash is 100% reproducible, so it's not some mysterious phantom thing. We might take a look ourselves after the Server Migration, but I only want to spend our coder's time on this if other avenues requiring us not to divert our focus are exhausted.

New Player Experience

This is turning into the monthly update of "we're finally finishing everything up." Genele is bringing the NPE up to a releasable state on the completely new starter playfield, and revamped ICC hub. I want to stress again, this is a massive update and will include everything from profession-specific missions to PvP to some ground-work for upcoming progression changes. After the new playfield and revamped ICC, we'll patch out a new character creation, and a (skippable) more basic tutorial.

Next Patches - 18.5.4 & 18.6

18.5.4 will be patched from testlive to live later this week. You can read the preliminary notes here.

After 18.5.4 is out the door, we will deploy 18.6 to internal QA servers, followed by testlive. 18.6 has design enhancements (for example, player cities, new buildings, etc) that are intended to go out with the server migration, and when 18.6 is patched to live it will include the server migration.

In Closing

We have a big month ahead of us! We're closing down the Server Migration work, and Q1 next year you'll see the New Player Experience and Engine Upgrade Beta. Now it's just about keeping our heads down and getting it all done.

Next monthly update will be on December 3rd! I'll see you guys on the forums, and in game.

Cheers,
Ilaliya

Ozzrik

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 06, 2012 3:52 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

J'ai pas du tout suivis comment les choses se passeront pour les villes AI.
Vu que les serveurs vont fusionner pour de bon je me demandais qui aurai la priorité sur les emplacements?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail
igor
Leader AO

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 06, 2012 9:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Tout passe en instancié.
Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 06, 2012 9:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Mais amélioré par rapport aux villes instanciées actuelles d'après ce qu'ils ont dit.

Ils ont aussi parlé de faire quelque chose à la place des villes actuelles mais il n'y a pas plus d'infos pour le moment et ça sera pas pour tout de suite à priori. Razz

tijup

MessagePosté le: Mar Nov 06, 2012 11:32 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Mais ca devrait vouloir dire que je vais lagguer un peu moins quand je regarde
vers une ville. Parce que la, mon vieux machin passe en mode diapo dans
certaines zones quand je regarde vers une ville (et seulement dans certains
angles.. go figure)
Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 03, 2012 8:03 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Monthly Development Update – Dec 3rd 2012

Announcements

Hey guys,

Sitting down to write this, I can already tell this is going to be a super-long update because there's a lot of ground to cover.

Quick announcements first:

Now that applications have been closed, you guys all have an opportunity to vote on professionals. Please refer to the sticky thread at the top of your profession's sub forum. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please contact Venachar who is heading up this effort.

Obligatory reiteration:

Due to the Server Migration, if you are in an organization that has a president that is a deleted character, or a character on an inactive account, please contact Customer Service to get this resolved before the end of the month. And make sure there is an actual leader so we have someone to give a voucher! Related to this, organizations should chose a different government form than Anarchy (which has no leader)

You can contact CS by creating a ticket on the web, use live chat to talk to a representative live, or petition in game.

Server Migration

In last month's update, I talked about how the migration is going to work. For a nuts-and-bolts look, please refer to the "Server Migration" section in last month's update

Here's where we are now. Glossing over a lot of the boring details, basically we copied the existing database to an internal server and then used our migration scripts to move it over to a copy-of-a-copy. We then compared characters, inventories, banks, etc... from copy-of-a-copy to the original copy. This is the test of the scripts. Keep in mind, the scripts resequence IDs and unpack the blob structure which is why we just couldn't copy the live database over in the first place (due to ID collisions).

There were a small number of errors from the first round of testing, and as of writing this update they've all been fixed and pending re-testing. In some cases, the errors occurred on inactive accounts which we had to temporarily reactivate in order to investigate the issue. So if you got a mail saying your inactive account has been mysteriously reactivated, this was a temporary measure to help us investigate issues. And yes, they will be re-deactivated shortly.

Next step is testing the orgs to make sure all that data got properly moved (and fixing any issues that come up)... and then, we all migrate to a new server!

City Changes

Genele has written up changes she has made to player cities during the migration, which I've listed below:

First, some of the bigger changes:

All outdoor cities will be disabled, and players will not be able to purchase them after the migration. Organizations who own outdoor cities prior to the migration will be given a voucher.
The rationale is that we plan to do a massive overhaul of outdoor cities in the future, and this wouldn't be possible if the existing system was in use.
Serenity islands will be closed down, due to the size of the city plot. All medium city buildings will be removed, so a medium city plot will no longer be needed.
Coast of Peace, Coast of Tranquility, 3 Craters East and 3 Craters West have been closed.

What's new:

Two completely new instanced city playfields will be added to the game: a large plot, and a small plot. The large playfield is a mountain-top, and the small plot is a desert oasis. The entrance to these cities can be found in ICC HQ in Andromeda.
The Oasis is intended for organizations (or 1-man operations) that want to absolutely minimize upkeep costs at the expense of restrictions on number of buildings.
The Mountaintop should have enough space for all buildings and will be the city choice for most organizations, but has increased upkeep costs.

Each beneficial building you place in your city will increase the monthly upkeep of the city. So we've moved to a different model here in terms of "how much does your city cost" to better reflect usage, and offer meaningful choice in terms of what buildings an organization decides to build. Because of this change, the base upkeep of the city plots have been reduced. This change will allow small organizations to afford a large city plot and they will be able to place more beneficial buildings as they expand and can afford a higher upkeep.

Specific changes to buildings:

Social buildings will not increase the monthly upkeep of the city.
Some buildings will be removed completely: Markets, the large ECM Tower and Medium HQs.
All beneficial buildings will become nodrop and will be sold in new vending machines in the tower shop. New social buildings will also be sold there.
Some city advantages will change:
Guard House provides Heal Delta at all the specified Quality Levels.
Landing Pad provides Vehicle Air and Run Speed at all the specified Quality Levels.
Swimming Pool only provides Body Dev.
Organization Headquarters no longer provide Run Speed.
A punching bag has been added to the Notum Silo.
The grid house now allows you to enter the grid.

Engine Upgrade

I've been playing the new client.

Let me stress how cool this is. We've talked a lot about the back-end work we've been doing on the engine. Before, if I wanted to see the engine I had to walk over to a coder's desk and then he hits compile and there's the new engine. Now, Macrosun can give me a .rar and I can unpack it on my machine and without having any tools or development environment installed on my machine I can run around in the new engine, and play it. We can now build and compile, and deploy as a standalone piece of software that patches and updates and does all the things one would expect a game-client to do. The coders did some fantastic magic to get this to work, and I can't compliment them enough on getting it up and running.

So why don't you have it yet?

Couple of reasons. I posted some screenshots below, and if you notice doors are about 20 feet away from where they should be (Parsed is fixing). Grass isn't in (Macrosun is working on). Ground-tile alignment (Vhab). Vhab fixed water and it looks amazing, but in some places it's flowing uphill & lacks depth calculations. There are some gamma issues with some playfields and sRGB. New character models/heads aren't in yet (although, Adamse will be finished in the next week or so). So there are issues, but we're very close to something we can get out there.

But most importantly, the new client needs to run against version 18.7 because that's where we are fixing things. I can run it against 18.7 internally, but unfortunately you guys will have to wait until it makes its way to the Live server.

So, here are some screenshots that I took running around. Un-altered except for some minor cropping in mspaint. (click to resize the image)...

Known issues that you may notice (What's missing/broken):

No new grass
Ground-tile alignment (specifically with asphalt)
Placement of doors
New/high-poly character models not added
Gamma w/ sRGB (some shots are a bit darker than they should be)

I also want to take the time to briefly reiterate some things that I've previously said

The new engine gives us three major things:

Performance (utilizes GPUs)... and I have to say, I get a higher framerate with the new engine than the old engine.
DX9 features -- this is stuff like shadows, lighting, god-rays, and so forth.
The capability to have more detailed assets (buildings, characters, etc).

See, that last point is what's interesting. When we make a new asset for the new engine, we can give it a higher poly count, as well as spec maps, normal maps, detail maps, and self-illumination. These are things modern engines use to make everything from a building to a person look "realistic." The fancier you make the asset, the more time it takes.

Since AO is huge, for most assets we don't have time to remake them. We simply convert them from the data format of the old engine to the new engine, and put them in. Note this is not a trivial process. For the most part, what you are looking at in those screenshots, is old buildings in the new engine (Tir and Borealis do have new buildings, but not everything).

So really there will be two quality levels when we get the new engine out. Old assets in the new engine, and new assets made for the new engine. The new player experience, for example, has all new assets. Most things won't. So I wanted to use screenshots that were representative of how most things will look, and not the (small) number of scenes we'll be able to spend a lot of time on when the engine update is open externally.

edit: This is old (existing) assets in the new engine, so you can see that shadows & lighting do quite a bit to improve a scene:

Other Things

Genele and Mstrbstrd are finishing up the New Player Experience. There are minor things to take care of (shops, world-building fixes, etc). The playfield hasn't been added to the new engine client yet, so I can't post screenshots.

Now that 18.5.4 is out, the next big milestones are 18.6 & 18.7. While we might do smaller updates in between (18.6.x, for example), these are the ones to watch for. 18.6 is the server migration, and 18.7 is the Engine Update beta. New Player Experience will be ready to go with the engine update.

Also confirmed with the Steam guys that the overlay crash is something we need to look at on our end. Unfortunately, our coders haven't had time to look at it. They've been highly focused on all the above. Steam is happening -- all the assets are made and 95% of the work is done. It just happens to be a lower priority than the Engine Update and Server Migration, and coders are really on a roll with those.

And yes... seasonal content it's coming. Our winter holiday content was patched into the game at the same time as the Halloween content, so sometime next week we'll turn it on (doesn't require an update). There will be a whole post about this.

Next monthly update will be second week in January, due to the holidays.

Cheers,
Ilaliya

Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Lun Déc 03, 2012 11:43 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Un screen pris sur Penumbra:

Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 18, 2012 11:12 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:
Server merge won't hit live this year.

This process can't and won't be rushed as the risk is simply too great.
We have to get this right to prevent characters from being damaged during the transition.

18.6.0 is a large complicated patch and we'll roll it out when we're confident it has been sufficiently tested.

Ca, c'est dit. Razz
Mais pour le coup ils ont raison de prendre leur temps et d'être sûr avant de risquer de foutre le boxon dans leurs DB...

Ozzrik

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 18, 2012 12:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

IL fallait s'y attendre avec la fin d'année et le dépars en vacances d'un certain nombre de dev. Smile

Ca me fait toujours bizzare de penser qu'ils vont fusionner RK1 et 2... quoi qu'il arrive ce sera le bordel un moment Twisted Evil
tijup

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 18, 2012 1:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Il va y avoir un peu plus de tower war aussi surement.. les grosses guildes vont se battre pour les champs QL250+
Ozzrik

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 18, 2012 2:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Je vois deja les drama sur le fofo off héhé ^^
Genre le retour du sujet chaud sur les shadow breed Wink
Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 19, 2012 1:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

En fait apparemment ils auraient été prêts pour le faire la semaine prochaine. Mais si il y a un problème il faut que toutes les équipes soient là pour éventuellement fix le machin et il y aura beaucoup de monde en vacances jusqu'au 7 janvier. (source au milieu de la page)

Quelques infos d'Ilaliya pour la suite:

18.6 will add the new character slot system (which gives us the base capability of including extra slots in offers) and 18.7 will have the New Player Experience, in addition to being the first engine beta. After 18.7 is on TestLive, we can finally afford to have our coders look at the Steam Issue. And we'll want the deals to be still active for the Steam release.

So the planned order (read: based on the best information I have available, but not to be confused with a promise) is:

18.6 -- Server migration, new character slot system, improved player cities.
ETA: Early Jan for TestLive -- assuming QA's regression testing on the finalized version of the transfer scripts doesn't dig up any new issues in the next two days.
And then once it goes on TestLive, we'll see if the TL community finds anything wrong with the new instanced cities.
18.6.x -- patching out new RDB format to support new engine.
18.7 -- New Player Experience, Engine Beta (Internal or External, see below)
ETA: After 18.6.x... time-frame depends on the remaining issues that are being worked on now are all solved.
After 18.7, we have the capability of doing an External Beta... but it will be a quality issue at this point. Basically, we'll look at known issues at this point and make the call.
New offers / deals.
Steam Release
This is somewhat of an unknown factor, because our coders haven't spent any substantial time investigating the crash.*

*While I'm hoping it will be fairly straight-forward, the Steam crash might be one of those things where Macrosun digs into it and says "Yeah, this isn't going to work. I can try to fix it, but it will take a few weeks." In this case, I have to weigh it against the other 20 things I think we need to have.

I have some additional ideas for the new offers/deals (other than the obvious/previously discussed), but I don't know about the feasibility of those until the manager of the Billing Dept gets back from Christmas vacation. So I'm not going to talk about them.

There is no penalty to re-subbing now, however. As usual, deals will just get appended to any existing account time.

Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Mar Déc 25, 2012 9:04 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Macrosun a écrit:

You can get partial prefs back by copying the folder, but not all. Things like bag names, sorting and so on will be lost (because all bags will get new IDs). Settings (F10 and such) you would be able to keep by coping the folder. I wouldn't really recommend it though as you'll end up with a lot of junk in your prefs.

Oh... my... god. Shocked
Va falloir renommer et trier tous les sacs de tous les toons de tous les comptes, de grands moments en perspective. Mr. Green

Ozzrik

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 26, 2012 12:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

NNNoooooonnnnnnn Very Happy

Quelle loose, ca va etre trop long !!!
Martialotist

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 26, 2012 2:06 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Bah si items assistant est mis à jour ça va encore, faut qu'ils assurent les ceuzes qui s'en occupent Razz
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 26, 2012 2:11 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Tous les items, sacs, etc auront un nouvel ID, donc IA sera en vrac aussi à priori...

igor
Leader AO

MessagePosté le: Mer Déc 26, 2012 2:51 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

huhu va y'avoir du boulot !!!
Grato

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 02, 2013 11:51 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Sanderus a écrit:

Va falloir renommer et trier tous les sacs de tous les toons de tous les comptes, de grands moments en perspective. Mr. Green

Bin t'as ton planning pour l'année là.
-SHINE ON ME §§§§-
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Visiter le site web du posteur
Ozzrik

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 08, 2013 1:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Bon!! Il commence a se faire attendre ce Monthly Development Update de janvier!!

Non mais ^^
igor
Leader AO

MessagePosté le: Mar Jan 08, 2013 4:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Héhé je check regulièrement aussi Smile
Sanderus

MessagePosté le: Mer Jan 09, 2013 5:25 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ben je pensais que ça serait la semaine prochaine la newsletter moi.
C'est normalement le premier lundi du mois mais il a dit dans la précédente que ça serait la 2ème semaine de janvier à cause des vacances . Mais sur le forum apparemment ils attendent ça cette semaine-ci, j'ai peut-être mal compris. Razz

tijup

MessagePosté le: Ven Jan 11, 2013 2:43 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

peut-etre autre chose en fat..
AO est//etait principalement developpe a Montreal depuis quelques annees.
Voici les nouvelles de ce matin:
http://techno.lapresse.ca/jeux-video/201301/11/01-4610314-le-studio-montrealais-funcom-en-peril.php?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_boitePourAccueilCbp_10209_accueil_POS1
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Phoenix Index du Forum -> Le happy rebel Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page 1, 2  Suivante
Page 1 sur 2

Sauter vers: